Tuesday, December 1, 2015

New life in my Kanger Subtank Minis

So as the title says I found a way to squeeze a little more life out of my Kanger Subtank Minis. I was building on the RBA and flavor was good but I had a few flavors that I would never run in the tank due to the fact that I couldn't get anywhere near the flavor out of it when compared to my RDA. I knew this had to do with the coil and not being able to get the heat and some other issues. I just got my first temperature control device and figured I would give the OCC Ni200 coils a shot. I was hoping that being able to set a higher temp on the coil and not over draw it that I could create the heat to get the flavor I was used to on my RDA.

I was pleasantly surprised after placing one of the new coils into my Subtank and using the exact juice I was dripping on that it was almost identical in flavor. With the new bigger mod I had bought some new tanks and figured the Subtanks would just sit on the shelf collecting dust at this point. I bought a single coil and now have a 5 pack on the way so that I can use them in my other Subtank.

Read on for a review of the coil and specs.


As far the Ni200 OCC Coils go they are .15 Ohm and it is printed on them that they are rated from 25W-40W (This means they will not even fire in Kanger's own Kbox Mini). You will notice if you watch your mod in TC mode that it does go well below obviously to maintain the temp. I have found 450 to 475 degrees Fahrenheit is perfect for most of my juice so far. Some I do go a little lower on but so far I have only tried a few times to go higher and there is no difference so I run it lower to help save battery and juice consumption. I think the biggest issue I ran into when running other Knager OCC coils or even the RBA was that I draw too hard and I know that is a me problem. I was always able to correct it but I would still get a dry hit every now and then. With TC and these coils I can press the fire button and draw as long as I want. I know it is at times cutting the wattage to next to zero and that is fine.

Kanger OCC Ni200 Coil
You will see in the above picture that the OCC Ni200 has a blue o-ring on it. The Kanthal OCC Coils all have red o-rings. This is a nice touch as it makes it a little easier to identify in the shop and also in my box of random coils.

As I mentioned flavor was great when compared to my RDAs and I was glad I could put one of my favorite flavors to drip in a tank now. Vapor production isn't huge and I would not recommend this for a cloud chaser. There are a lot of better tank/coil options out there for that. I do however recommend this for anyone that has a TC device and a Kanger Subtank. I honestly will probably not go back to using anything besides the Ni200 coils on these tanks. OK, I will use up my OCC coils but after they are gone I will only be purchasing Ni200 for these and not build on the RBA anymore. I have a few friends who complain about over drawing the Kanger Subtank constantly, which again as an adult they should be able to control that, but there are times when you don't mean to and it just happens and this will help prevent that since it is fairly easy to do. Also, it is the only way I have found to get big flavor out of these tanks without building the perfect RBA coil.

What are you waiting for? Run to your nearest vape shop or hop over your site of choice and do yourself a favor if you have a TC device and some Kanger Subtanks get some of these coils and breathe new life into them.

If you know anyone that has one of these tanks and a TC device that complains about dry hits or is just no good at building the RBA please share this with them and vape on.

This post is 100% my personal opinion and all products reviewed were paid for out of my own pocket. Even if the product was given as a sample I am always 100% honest and will never do "paid" reviews that are fluffed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment